Saturday, February 27, 2010

How do I make photoshop images have clear backgrounds?

Alright, I use photoshop CS3 and when I open a new canvas or whatever I make sure that it says ';transparent'; background...BUT when I am finished designing my image, and I flatten it and save it and upload it onto the internet--the background is still white!!! How do I make the entire background CLEAR!?!?! Thanks!!!...How do I make photoshop images have clear backgrounds?
GIF and PNG are the only two formats that support transparency.





GIF (Graphics Interchange Format) is limited to an 8-bit palette, or 256 colors. This makes the GIF format suitable for storing graphics with relatively few colors such as simple diagrams, shapes, logos and cartoon style images. The GIF format supports animation and is still widely used to provide image animation effects. It also uses a lossless compression that is more effective when large areas have a single color, and ineffective for detailed images or dithered images.





The PNG (Portable Network Graphics) file format was created as the free, open-source successor to the GIF. The PNG file format supports truecolor (16 million colours) while the GIF supports only 256 colours. The PNG file excels when the image has large, uniformly coloured areas. The lossless PNG format is best suited for editing pictures, and the lossy formats, like JPG, are best for the final distribution of photographic images, because JPG files are smaller than PNG files. Many older browsers currently do not support the PNG file format, however, with Internet Explorer 7, all contemporary web browsers fully support the PNG format. The Adam7-interlacing allows an early preview, even when only a small percentage of the image data has been transmitted.





RonHow do I make photoshop images have clear backgrounds?
You're welcome sooooo much. LOL





Ron

Report Abuse



like in my previous answer.


use .png


.jpg doesn't support transperacy so it has a white background automatically

No comments:

Post a Comment