Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is a CT scan image more clear than a X- ray?

I had a CT scan of my knee I was just wondering is a CT scan more detailed than a x-ray, because the CT scan saw something in the knee and the x- ray did not see anything, in the knee.I was told my knee would have to be reopened to remove the object. If nothing is there at least that's what the x- ray say what do I do.Is a CT scan image more clear than a X- ray?
X-rays only show bone %26amp; some tissue. CT's show a more in-depth look, because they show muscle, tendons, etc. It is very likely that the CT could've shown something an x-ray wouldn't. Think of it as a more in-depth type of x-ray.Is a CT scan image more clear than a X- ray?
The best thing about the CT scan is that if gives more views. It takes slice views throughout the area of interest. Plus you can add contrast solutions so the type of tissue you are interested in stands out.








Umm...and your second question...I'm not sure what you are trying to ask. Can you ask the second question again?

No comments:

Post a Comment