Thursday, February 18, 2010

Having 3D ultrasound...Suggestions for a clear image?

Hi ladies. Im having my 3D ultrasound this Saturday. We hope to find out if it is a boy or girl!!! Its expensive %26amp; I want to make sure we get the best results. Any reccomendations before I go? The ultrasound tech told me to stay well hydrated %26amp; drink lots of fluids this week (Didnt say why, Im guessing for fresh %26amp; clear amniotic fluid for a clear image) Any other ideas? Someone suggested go with a full bladder. Is that true? Thank you :)Having 3D ultrasound...Suggestions for a clear image?
when i had one done at 30 weeks, my daughter was all snuggled up, back to the pic, and sleeping!! ughh


we tried and tried to get her moving around. i was in the room jumping up and down, they even brought me a soda to try to pep her up ;)





i would say drink some oj, or something that you can handle drinking ( i could not drink oj preg.) about 15 minutes or so before you get there, also. if possible move around. anything you know will make her move. something you may notice you do now that gets her moving.





and do drink lots of water prior, a full bladder does help get a clearer image.





hope that helps.


and hopefully she/he wont be camera shy!Having 3D ultrasound...Suggestions for a clear image?
When I had mine done they told me I didn't need a full bladder, and to come at a time that the baby was usually active. I had a coffee before I went to wake her up and it worked.
Good luck - hope it goes well!! When the ultrasound tech switched to the 3D when i was preg, my boy put both his hands up to his little face and left them there!! Cheeky little bugger!! I think the only thing you can really do is yeah, drink water and hope bubs gonna cooperate!
Make sure to start drinking tons of water a week before your appointment. Also, go with a full bladder. Everything you said is true- it usually helps get a good ultrasound.
  • girly myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment