Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do newborn babies only see light and not clear images?

I have a boy that was born last week and I am wondering what newborns are able to see. He can follow my face if I move it side to side but can he really see me? Or does he just sense that I am there because he sees contrast in light?Do newborn babies only see light and not clear images?
well newborns, and infants prefer high contrast colors such as white and black. they are born with a visual acuity of approx. 20/100, but improves to 20/40 during infancy and toddlerhood. so i would say that he senses you are there but cannot really tell who you are, but i would also remind you that he definatally recognizes your voice. good luck.Do newborn babies only see light and not clear images?
They can see, but it's fuzzy. They can see colors, distinguish shapes, and see high contrast (black and white for instance) better than anything else. But as they've done more research they've found newborns can see more than we used to think (which was nothing at all or very little.) They can make out your face, your lips and nose and eyes, especially at 8-12 inches which is where they see the best. :)
i was told by my health visitor that the can see the out line of you and the rest is blury and slowly there site gets better

No comments:

Post a Comment