Saturday, February 27, 2010

Why is my 40'; LCD image not clear?

I just purchased a SONY 40'; 1080P LCD TV which I love. I currently do not have an HD receiver.





When I am watching television, the image seems to artifact a lot. Even if I leave it in it's normal aspect ratio, and especially when I switch it to wide mode.





I understand that an HD receiver will allow me to see HD programming in great detail and clarity, but will non-HD channels always view this way? Is there a setting or connection solution to clean up the image?Why is my 40'; LCD image not clear?
You already have a digital receiver built in, capable of receiving HD signals. So you don't need an additional HD receiver.





Standard Definition (SD) images are what they are: standard. You could try to soften the blockiness by increasing the processing rate, or making the image smaller to reduce the visual artifacts.Why is my 40'; LCD image not clear?
When watching regular signal on an HD tv, it will look worse for wear. Of course, this also depends on your cable hook-up. I run my tv to my satellite with HDMI cable regardless of HD or not. It gets the best out of the picture by up-converting the signal. If you are using regular coax or RCA, you simply are not getting the picture you paid for.
I have the same problem with mine too. You need to have a HD receiver to take advantage of HD quality.
i bought a hd lead the other day for mine and wow what a difference
Without an HD receiver the image will look blurry. There may be a setting on the TV to show 480i images, if so then that's what you should select, also disable wide-screen, that will distort the images as well
I've never had this problem at all. You might want to make sure you didn't hook your non HD componets and such to a HD jack on the tv. that might be causing a problem. Or if there is an HD menu choice it is turned off untill you have an HD tuner hooked up to the tv.
I have an XBR4 (very similar) and I know exactly what your talking about. The only way to really deal with this is by tweaking and adjusting some of your settings. It's not going to go away but it might make it better. These HDTV's are made for HD not for the basic cable feeds of 480i. I watch some of my channels with the HD tuner built in to get by without going to the $70 HD cable package and I don't have dish yet so that's out. Try a few of these tweaks I found on AV Science forum-


http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea鈥?/a>


or


http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthrea鈥?/a>


Mine are in this one under R.MnTnA username

No comments:

Post a Comment