Thursday, February 11, 2010

Do I have to buy a blueray dvd player to see a clear image or can I buy a 1080 up converting Dvd ?

what upconverting dvd players do you recommend and where do I get one and how much did it cost?Do I have to buy a blueray dvd player to see a clear image or can I buy a 1080 up converting Dvd ?
Don't waste your time on a basic up-converting player. If you have or will have a HD display then Blu ray is the way to go. It will also up-covert your older DVDs to make them look better on the larger display. If you have a smaller display then it won't be as crucial.Do I have to buy a blueray dvd player to see a clear image or can I buy a 1080 up converting Dvd ?
Ya, you'll only see a diff if you buy a TV that has 1080p already. That's the best resolution for watching Blu-ray DVDs. Now many cable companies are offering HD channels so making the switch to a flat screen 1080p TV is in the end what is the best. Blu-ray players are getting very low in price. last yr I paid $400 for mine, now I see a slightly updated version of what I have for sale at Best Buy for $129. Now there is no reason to rush out %26amp; replace your entire collection of reg DVDs with a Blu-ray version. Only buy movies that you know are nice %26amp; have great visuals to keep on Blu-ray %26amp; that you have not seen before. If you want a cheap up converting dvd player, then a Sony DVP-NS710H/B will do. But spend the extra cash %26amp; make the change. Blu-ray players auto up convert reg DVDs anyway. But you have to connect them via the HDMI cable to see it. Good luck!
It depends more what type of TV you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment