Thursday, February 11, 2010

How do I get a clear image of a pic I zoomed in on?

I have a pic of a lot of friends %26amp; want to zoom in on one specific person but when I do so It looks really bad %26amp; I don't know how to make it a clear pic!! I guess kinda like they do on tv when the zoom %26amp; then the comp makes it clearer so you can see facial features?How do I get a clear image of a pic I zoomed in on?
Hi Maj,





A lot depends on the physical size and the resolution of your pic.





If, for example, it is a digital photograph, it might actually be something like 45cms in width. The resolution would depend on what your camera was set for when you took the pic.





If this is the case, and if you have access to something like Adobe Photoshop, you can decrease the size of the pic, and at the same time proportionately increase the resolution.





You can then use features such as unsharp mask to enhance the photo.





At the end of the day, you can only enhance detail which is already there. You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.





Hope that helpsHow do I get a clear image of a pic I zoomed in on?
it actually depends on the number of pixels in the picture itself
Dave answer is great.


Just wanted to add that in films, movies, TV they rely on special effects ... they aren't actually doing the process.
  • girly myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment