Thursday, February 11, 2010

How to make small image large and crystal clear?

I have a photo on my computer that is too small to read the print on it, if I make it larger, it gets blurry and you still can't read the print. No matter how I do it. Is there something you can do or download that with help me?How to make small image large and crystal clear?
First of all understand that, unlike what you see on TV and in the movies, you can't ever see what isn't there. That being said, there are some techniques used by photo analysts that will bring out lots of detail that you can't see, if it's actually there in the data.





Work on a copy of the picture, in Adobe Photoshop or the GIMP (free).





Some things to try, by themselves and in combinations:


First of all, turn the photo upside down to make your brain take a fresh look (I use this to teach photo critique skills).


Increase contrast.


Apply curves to expand mid-range tones.


Insane amounts of unsharp mask sharpening.


Sharpen edges.


Adjustment layer copy of the entire photo, try different blending modes, changing transparency of the layer to see how it changes.


False coloring.How to make small image large and crystal clear?
unfortunately if image is small like 2x2'; at 72 pixels, you can ony increase pixels to 300+ without ratio, to keep at 2x2';, but anything that small is of no use,


there are some programs special for that, but pixelation needs to be higher,


http://www.focusmagic.com/exampleforensi…


http://www.fixerlabs.com/New_Website/pag…


..
Unfortunately, I don't think so. The pixels are limiting the resolution.
I'll throw my hat into the ring and reiterate the negative - it simply can't be done, unless the CIA has special imaging software available. If you have access to the original picture, and if it was taken at a 'higher resolution', you might be able to get the result you want.





I have tons of digital photos taken with 640x480 resolution that lack detail of any kind, and I've tried to Photoshop the living daylights out of them to make the pix 'better'.





If you have an older version of MS Word, it has Photo Editor option built in. I has a limited capacity to add more ';sharpness'; to your photos, but it's actually adding more contrast between pixels.

No comments:

Post a Comment