Thursday, February 11, 2010

What do I need to make my computer image crystal clear on my LCD tv?

Is it a matter of a quality video card or cables or both. I only have a 128MB video card in the computer now, do I need to upgrade?What do I need to make my computer image crystal clear on my LCD tv?
';Sharpness'; as you put it, is a function of the resolution set by the card and the size of your LCD. If you LCD is 14'; like your monitor, it will look exactly the same. However, if your LCD is larger than your monitor, the image degrades more the larger the size. Look at a newspaper picture closely and you will it is made of differing sized round dots. If you enlarge this, all you get is larger sized round dots. The same applies to the 1024x768 resolution of a monitor. 1024 dots is still 1024 dots no matter how wide the screen you spread them over actually IS. The only thing which changes is the SIZE of each dot/pixel on the display. The only way to change this size thing degrading the image is to change the resolution. You need to increase the resolution so you have more dots to fill the space which is a function of your display adapter. Check resolution first and if you can not increase resolution, then you will need to upgrade to a card which HAS higher resolution settings which can also be handled by your LCD. It does no good to upgrade if your LCD can not also display it as well. Check the specs on what each can DO regarding resolution.What do I need to make my computer image crystal clear on my LCD tv?
It's more a matter of the cable. The video card shouldn't matter because it's not playing your computers screen. On your lcd screen too, you might need to change your menu settings for the image. Example: My computer (Toshiba Qosmio x305 1 year old) has an HDMI port, where I can connect my HDTV to my computer through HDMI, which allows my computer to have full 1080p output. But the computer doesn't have as sharp of an image as the TV's capability, so I have to lower the sharpness on my TV to match the computer so that it doesn't look pixilized. So again, I think it's your cable more than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment