Thursday, February 11, 2010

What to do (how to prepare for it) to have a clear ultrasound image?

Hi all, I'm a few weeks pregnant. I'm looking to make an appointment with my doctor to check how is the baby doing and I guess I'm going to have the ultrasound done. I was wondering if there is any way to make the image of the ultrasound really clear. Is there a way I could do this by for example not having food before I go is there ANYTHING at all that would help or it mostly depends on the machine? Thanks for all your posts!What to do (how to prepare for it) to have a clear ultrasound image?
Most of it is the resolution of the machine, position of the baby and uterus, and your weight. Thinner people get better pictures, in general.





Obediently drinking the full amout of water that they tell you drink during the timespan that they say to drink it is probably the most that you can do to get ready.What to do (how to prepare for it) to have a clear ultrasound image?
The only thing is make sure your bladder is completely full.The Dr will tell you how much exactly that will be.Congrats on the new Bundle of Joy!
No, as others have said it is really an issue of the equipment used (and there can be an extremely noticeable difference -- I've had early ultrasounds where everything was very clear and ultrasounds at the same point in pregnancy where it was difficult to make out anything unless you were well trained to do so).





If you're just ';a few weeks pregnant'; many doctors don't perform an ultrasound unless there are issues warranting an early ultrasound (i.e. previous fertility issues, previous miscarriage or ectopic, or pain etc. that calls for ruling out an ectopic pregnancy this time around), or if there is a need for dating the pregnancy. If your doctor does give you an ultrasound in very early pregnancy, for whatever reason, there is a chance it will be performed using a transvaginal ultrasound probe rather than abdominal, as more can be seen earlier using that method.





Either way your doctor's office should give instructions beforehand. With abdominal ultrasounds, until the pregnancy is further along, women are generally instructed to drink water to have a full bladder when the ultrasound is performed. The full bladder makes it easier to see the uterus. However, a full bladder does not require that you be full to the point of bursting, or in any pain. (Believe me, I've asked about this.) If your doctor performs a transvaginal ultrasound you will be asked to empty your bladder beforehand.





Congratulations on the pregnancy and best of luck.
there not going to do an ultra sound yet they will do it on ur second appoinment its too soon to see anything trust me they did one at 5 weeks for me nuthin absolutly nuthin, so good luck
the clearness of the picture will depend on the equipment. but drink lots of water as you need a full bladder. dont be too dissapointed if you cant see anything, if your only a few weeks, your baby probably doesnt look much like a baby yet! (';,)
drink lots of water and do not go to the toilet before hand


this pushes the bladder up so pushes the baby up so you can see it more clearly


this is what the doctor told me to do


good luck!!!
Remove your insides will give you a pretty clear ultrasound!





No, but seriously, all Ultrasounds are kinda dodgy because of the muscle etc that is in the way. Speak to the place that is doing the Ultrasounds and they may have some ideas on how to ensure the best image for you.





Good luck, and congrats, too!
a friend of mine is very pregnant and every ultrasound she went to, she was told to drink 4 full glasses of water 1 hour prior to her appt. and she was told not to urinate until after the procedure.
It's true about the lots of water thing. I have a few medical issus and get ultra sounds on a regular basis. Last one (about two weeks ago) I asked the tech what the need for all the water is. She said when the bladder is full and bloated it creates a 'window' to the organs beneath it, that way they don't have to look through the bladder because it's stretched thin. Congrats on the pregnancy, take care!
I had to go to the emergency room with my first and they had to do a ultrasound with my baby. They told me to drink a glass of water so they could get a better view. My husband said no you have to drink more I drank a lot of water about 6 glasses and then they came to do my ultrasound. She looked at what she needed to and told me I was having a...then I had to go pee. I came back and she said it was a girl. She had to go back a few pictures to be sure bc after my restroom break it wasn't as clear but it was still there. Drinking water is helpful don't drink a lot like I did. It really sucked trying to keep from peeing on myself. At least 8 ounces should help. Congrats!!! I hope you have pretty pictures.
Drink lots of water. That's about it.
The only thing you can do is drink lots of water. Lots. You are going to be in pain because you will have to pee sooooo bad, but that is the way to get the best ultrasound picture. Good luck!
Your doctor will give you specific directions to go by when you schedule the ultrasound. Usually it's drink lots and lots of water!


Good Luck!
nope just dont shove a piece of metal in the way of the baby so it blocks the baby lol


just be prepared for the cold jelly stuff they put on you lol and good luck with the baby
  • girly myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment